Evidence-based Mental Health Treatment
There are effective treatments for psychological disorders that have been outlined by the American Psychological Association (APA). ABLE PATHWAYS offers many of these evidence-based treatments identified and continues to combine “best research evidence” with clinician expertise.
Below are a list of presenting problems and their corresponding treatments ABLE PATHWAYS works with:
• AD/HD – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Anxiety – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Bipolar Disorder – Family Focused Treatments, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Depression – Cognitive Behavior Therapy; Behavioral Therapy
• AD/HD- Behavioral Parent Training; Behavioral Classroom Management; Behavioral Peer Interventions
• Anxiety- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Autism Spectrum Disorders- Applied Behavior Analysis
• Bipolar Disorder- Family Focused Therapy
• Depression– Cognitive Behavior Therapy
• Oppositional Defiant Disorder/Conduct Disorder- Parent Management Training
ABLE PATHWAYS also provides psychotherapy services for many other presenting problems, including adjustment, grief & loss, relationships, as well as children and adolescents, group, couples, and family therapies.
Counseling and Guidance Services – ABLE PATHWAYS counseling and guidance services include counseling in which the student is assisted in planning and implementing their short and long term educational program; personal counseling in which the student is helped to develop their social, emotional, and behavioral functioning in order to promote self-determination and personal responsibility. Counseling and guidance services can be delivered in either individual or group based modalities to best meet the needs of students. These services are provided by licensed mental health professionals (e.g., social workers, marriage and family therapists) and mental health practitioners (MFT Intern, Psychology Assistant).
Additionally, ABLE PATHWAYS provides parent education. Services are delivered to a diverse population presenting with a wide range of concerns, utilizing evidence-based treatments whenever possible.